Tuesday, September 14, 2010

From a Different Point of View




After my seventeen miler on Sunday, I felt amazing. Tired certainly, but amazing as well.

Today, I feel awful. I am sore. My quads, hamstrings, calves, hips and even my back ache. I can barely walk in my high heels at the office. I'm exhausted too. Last night, I fell asleep at 8:30.

At first, I assumed that this was a sign that my diet is deficient in certain nutrients. I've been scouring the Internet all morning looking for tips and advice with little success.

Then as I was hobbling around the office in my heels, trying not to walk too awkwardly, an idea came to me: Maybe it was just a really good, hard workout?

For now, I'm sticking to the hard workout story because it makes me feel better. Maybe I should give myself a little credit.


But I'm covering all the bases anyway, and so I'm stocking up on Vitamin-C (in case it's the flu), eating lots of protein (in case it's a nutrient deficiency), cutting out all refined and fried foods and going to sleep by ten...because I've got an eighteen mile race coming up this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Because you don't eat alot of meat are you getting enough fat? Doesn't it make sense that fat would help repair damaged cells and tissues, since cells and tissues are made out of proteins and fats? Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete