Saturday, November 6, 2010

It's just 12 miles


My taper started last weekend, but this week's training, though significantly less than the week before, is still pretty intense by non-marathon training standards. But after today's twelve miler, my training takes a significant dive into nothingness and then finally culminating with the Philadelphia Marathon on November 21.

I will miss these long runs and all the crazy rituals that go with them. What's to miss about spending a Friday night in and a Saturday morning exercising for hours and hours? Oh plenty.


There is the friday morning bagel, the West Side Green Way, the Brooklyn Bridge, and new music just to start. And then there's the feeling that something real was accomplished.

Speaking of New Music, here's what I downloaded for my run today. Some of it is happy and some is a bit more melancholic - reflecting perfectly my feelings about the end of the long run.

What's My Name? (Featuring Drake) by Rihanna & Drake

Cry When You Get Older by Robyn

Gone Too Far by Dragonette

Back to the Crib (Featuring Chris Brown) by Juelz Santana

Nantes by Beirut

Furr by Blitzen Trapper

Your Ex-Lover is Dead by Stars

Our Life is Not a Movie or Maybe by Okkervil River

Fake Empire by National

Take Me to the Riot by Stars

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment