Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Music Mondays


Finding new music is about keeping an open mind.

Take country music for example. I wouldn't call myself a fan of country any day of the week. I don't hate country music at all...in fact I respect their ballad writing and guitar strumming skills. But the easy melodies of country just don't get me moving. It's just not my thing.

Same goes for rock music too. So when I saw that one of the top selling albums on iTunes was a rock band, my eyes glazed over.

But somehow, indescribeably, Mat Kearney has found his way into my heart...and I may never let him leave.

To be fair, I'm not sure why Mat is in the rock genre. He sound is a little bluesy, a little alternative, and a little folksy.

Here's some of my Mat Kearney favorites plus a few other songs too:

Hey Mama by Mat Kearney

Stereo Hearts (feat. Adam Levine) by Gym Class Heroes

She Got the Honey by Mat Kearney

Over and Over by O.A.R.

Count on Me by Mat Kearney

Moves like Jagger by Maroon Five

Now get out there and enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment